Started Jul 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mbc28
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
HX100V - day out in Vancouver
Jul 22, 2011

fun day out with my son yesterday to Stanley park and downtown - tried various colour and other settings on the camera - all in all fairly satisfied with results of the day - basically had a few more misses than I expected ....but shows me I need to get to know the camera a lot more before heading off to Europe again ...will be doing most of my general shooting using "standard" colour mode but will be using "real" colour in certain select cases. More shadow detail coming out of real colour, but seems I can retrieve some or most of it in PP if need be from shots taken in STD which had better exposure overall. Forget shooting in AUTO - images too harsh and shadows just blacked out - I personally think they should do a firmware adjustment for the A+ setting ...when youre on the go sometimes you just would like auto to work better - maybe if it wasnt set to VIVID colour - which it obviously is judging by images shot using vivid mode in P - then the images wouldnt be so harsh ...because in some cases when I used auto + the camera did a great job in low light situations using lower iso's than I expected... but obviously shooting multiple images and superimposing them

mbc28's gear list:mbc28's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow