Started Jul 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ballarat Sam
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Re: Hotmail frustration
In reply to Barrie Davis, Jul 22, 2011

Barrie Davis wrote:

Ballarat Sam wrote:

Whenever I try to either reply or forward Hotmail message I now receive a message on top of the page I'm trying reply/forward: "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message". Frankly, I don't know what that means.

Well, if is only sometimes they ask, then presumably they have not asked YET?

When they do, you may assume they will ask you in a fashion that makes the entering of the characters clear enough for a first-time user to do it without trouble.... (shrugs)

(This is requirement is pretty common now. Usually it is some random-ish characters displayed as a small distorted image file, but not so distorted you can't read it. So, you READ it, enter the characters as read, and hit Enter.... then wait for the page to send or deliver. That's it.)
--
Regards,
Baz

"Ahh... But the thing is, they were not just ORDINARY time travellers!"

You presume incorrectly. They ask over and over again. And no they don't ask in a manner clear enough to be easily understandable. (shrugs) Windows doesn't know how to be intuitive. And Hotmail, like anything else from Microsoft sucks. (We got started with it because the only PC on the premises was my partners HP). Anyway, we finally figured it out. Thanks to all who tried to help.

P.S. Barrie, I see you are in Surrey. I visited England twice in the early seventies and loved it. Based mainly in London.

Sam

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow