Started Jul 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skimble
Senior MemberPosts: 6,173Gear list
Like?
Photographers liberty great article.
Jul 22, 2011

Very good, it brings up a lot of questions in different countries different laws apply. For sure it does not make sense to sensor a photographer nowadays just because he can be seen taking nice photos of a building while the once who really intend to do harm would just use their mobile to film and take photos. The bit they miss with the mobile will be coming from Google earth

I think every one who is in charge of protecting other people or properties should be sufficient trained what law applies before trying to stop others liberty of taking photos.

I had some similar problems with a kindergarten group.They walked in a line holding a robe through Banff. I was taking photos of the public space when the kindergarten teacher turned on me with such an aggression and loud voice that other people turned around and looked at me. Instead of asking me what photos I have taken and that she is instructed not to let other take photos of their kids. I would have been more than happy to show her the photos and that none of them where in any kind and way intimidating to anyone.

I think we have become hypocritical in what can be shot and what not. To protect kids is very very important but when even parents can not take photos of their own kids during a sports event (because their could be other kids in the frame) than we have to ask ourself does this really eliminates the threat from our buildings or kids (I think not).
But what it does is restricting our freedom of liberty.

This anxiety can be used to build up this secretive behaviour of a corrupt society (Goverment, Businesses,Clubs).

Liberty comes at a price and it should not be suppressed because individuals commit a crime like Terrorism Child abuse. This will happen even more in a secretive society.

skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow