Stop working against your own photography.

Started Jul 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,222Gear list
Like?
Re: To further amplify what I mean...
In reply to PhotoKhan, Jul 22, 2011

There are no color issues with the Sigma SD15. Period. I've shot with it and found it to be a very refined, corrected version of the SD14. Basically it is the camera that the SD14 should have been. The SD15 has some flash issues that need to be addressed by Sigma---thats the only problem I found with the camera to date. I've re-looked at your images that you posted on my color calibrated photography studio's monitor and have this comment. I think the colors look oversaturated and artificial. They look "cooked" to me. The landscape appears oversharpened and the purple sky looks a little cartoonish for my tastes. I can see why you like Steve Chong's natural looking landscapes. You should take a note from him on how to produce natural looking colorful images that look real. There is nothing remarkable that he does with the SD15. He has a very good eye to begin with and makes good use of the camera's capabilities. I think he is one of the best Landscape photographers in the Sigma forum. So you have good taste in photographers afterall---even if they shoot with inferior cameras according to you.

...This could not have showed up at a better time (see my reply there):

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1027&message=38940590

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

-

Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list:Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow