Started Jul 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sam_Oslo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,502Gear list
Like?
Hx100v, 72x zoom shots
Jul 21, 2011

All shots are hand held, 2MP with 72x smart zoom (Digital Zoom Ratio = 2.375), right out or camera. No PP, just resized.

3 shots of small birds (they are really small, about 10cm long) in a not-perfect-light-angel. And, no I haven't been feeding these birds, LOL.

With my dependable ducky posing (great as always), I could take many 72x-zoom-shots from different distances. I'm posting just a couple of them here, about 1.5m away, and about 4m away shots. This close-up is really close up

Somehow, the Auto-focus works in much closer range with Digital Zoom. The 30x-zoom wouldn't Auto-focus on these ducky-shots. The closest I could get with 30x-zoom (without blurry results) is this old shot: http://forums.dpreview.com/galleries/5226591819/photos/1236229/duckhead

I shot many test-shots on Dukey, and The AF worked great in 90% of my attempts, but it failed to focus properly in 10% of really close shots. If it misses to focus at first attempt, then it starts "acting" and won't focus with wider angel either. I haven't found why it's behaving like this, yet. You guys got any idea?

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow