Started Jul 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?
Thoughts On DP Review Reviews
Jul 21, 2011

Is it just me or are the reviews coming out of dpreview now days lacking and in some cases and dead wrong in others ? Seems to me that they seem to gravitate more towards doing group reviews now and seem to rush out what reviews they do with it feeling like they are just trying to get it done rather than get it correct. Sometimes I am left reading a review, looking at the sample pics and saying huh ? Points where the will say that a camera is lacking don't seem to manifest themselves in the sample pics at the time.

Maybe I am just nostalgic and miss the old days when, for the most part, Phil was the one who did all of the reviews. Back then I would always be interested in what Phil had to say and when I was finished I would say "Spot On" with a smile. Now I read them and think, well it is a Nikon or Canon so they already get a starting rating of 80% just by the name. I do think the K-5 review was really good so obviously it is not always that way, but to me, the K-r got a bum rap and there are still cams out there that I am waiting to see reviews on but they have been slower than molasses from DP for some time now. I don't know, maybe I am way off base and just rambling but after reading this forum for 8 years now, I do see a difference.
--
Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow