Started Jul 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roxy1945
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?
HX100V Finches, flowers and Jens adapter flower macro
Jul 21, 2011

I finally got some filtered sunny weather and managed to get some finches with detail. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me and the camera. I've been having a love hate relationship with this camera the few days I've had it.

Also today I received my adapter from Jens and the perfect fit it is. But I was disappointed to find it difficult to focus with my Raynox 250 lens, mainly because the LCD was awful in bright light and I couldn't use the viewfinder low down and it showed focus too many times when it hadn't focused. Also it seemed I had to get really close to get a focus. It was a lot of hit and miss.

Its not a though I'm not used the macro photography - below in my flickr gallery I've taken many insects with my Panasonic TZ3 and homemade adapter which was a lot easier. I was hoping to retire the Panasonic because I had to tie on the adapter on but otherwise the viewfinder is better than the Sony in bright light, focusing better and a lot easier to carry around.

Anyway I still love the zoom on the Sony so I think its a keeper.

Click on the images to expand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjmaudsley/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow