Started Jul 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CTR1
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
Help removing a virus/malware or something
Jul 20, 2011

I have ran sophos anti virus, malwarebytes, temp file cleaner (TFC), OTL, process explorer, and gmer. anything they detected that I couldnt verify by looking at the path/directory i had quarantined/removed. I manually removed a couple .exe things as well. I also rescanned in safe mode and nothing came up. The only reason I think there is still some kind of infection is because i have microsoft security essentials installed and running as a program to startup with windows but now after a couple reboots it doesn't start up, nor will it open/stay open (for more than a second), if at all.

Attached is a screenshot in process explorer.

I also have 3 rundll32.exe running (I can see them via task manager) and 1 doesn't refer back to a file in c/windows/system32 like the other 2 do, which is supposed to be a little bit suspicious, from what I read online.

I have tried reinstalling the microsoft security essentials program after a uninstall and reboot but it still has the same issue.

If it helps I have Win 7 ultimate 64bit.

If you could help me find/remove the virus and/or get security essentials running that would be very much appreciated!
--
-C41vin Tirr311-

-"Technology, can't live with it and can't live without it."-Yours Truly-

-With KX max shutter speed @ 1/6000th a second I can't be told, "No time for pictures."

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow