Started Jul 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg Biggs
Senior MemberPosts: 2,048
Like?
Fuji S 4000 bridge camera, anyone ?
Jul 18, 2011

I just bought a new S 4000 from Costco. The price seemed quite good at $199.00 and I was impressed with the idea of a 30 power zoom as well as HD Video.

I have now taken numerous photos ( pictures ) and a fair share of videos. It seems as though I have about confirmed my initial suspicion being that I might get what I paid for. I mean these pictures at 100 percent are terrible. They look like a painting that had not dries before someone touched them and got seriously smeared. It seems hard to believe Fuji is seriously interested in growing their reputation by releasing this camera to the market.

The auto focus is not only slow but in low light it fails to lock at all. Keeping focus in video mode while zooming seems to be nearly unattainable.

My reason for this post is to ask if anyone here has this camera and if so is yours producing these same results ? If not, then that is good news. I am hoping mine may be a bad copy. This was shot with a flash in fine mode. It is a 100 percent crop.

-- hide signature --

Thanks to you all for what you share so freely, It's my hope to be able to help
others as
well.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow