Yashica GSN rangefinder lens - info anyone?

Started Jul 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,045Gear list
Like?
Yashica GSN rangefinder lens - info anyone?
Jul 18, 2011

Anyone have any knowledge if Yashica 'GSN', or rangefinder (Electro 35 GSN) lenses are adaptable to NEX, if they're worthwhile, and what should be paid for one?

I've seen Yashica SLR lenses, which look larger, and seem to use something like a Pentax mount - but this is a much smaller looking lens for the Electro 35 GSN rangefinder body - the lens itself is a 45mm F1.7. I have no idea what mount this uses - is it a proprietary mount of its own or using someone else's existing mount? It sort of reminds me of a Contax G mount, in that it looks like it has some kind of locking mechanism around the inside collar.

Has anyone had experience with one of these lenses, and would you rank it worth pursuing? And if so, what would be a fair price (I'd likely have to buy the camera body with the lens, so keep that in mind as to what would be a reasonable offer).

Any help appreciated!

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow