Started Jul 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nevada-is-HOME
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Sony A550 / Concert Scene / PP to Eliminate Red
Jul 18, 2011

Earlier this year, I tried my luck photographing an indoor pole vault venue, but was thoroughly disappointed with the low light performance of the Sony A100.

Kind people on this forum suggested I wait for the release of the Sony A77 or pickup the Sonly A55 or the A580.

So I decided on a compromise to tie me over. I purchase the A550 (ebay) which left me with some cash reserve to apply to the Sony A77 purchase when that is available to the masses.

So far, I am pleased with the Sony A550 low light performance. So.. off I go to a few evening concert / dance venues.

I THINK I am getting decent shots.. but for some reason, the stage lighting folks seem to be in love (over the top) with the use of RED ascent lights to the point, it destroys the quality of the image. So.. my question here is..

"How is one to eliminate the excess red from the picture and get it to a more natural skin tone.

Have at it.. Here are sample images from my gallery.. Try your luck on cleaning it up and making it better, and please tell me what steps you used. If you can improve the image using something like Picasa or some low priced PP software, it would be a bonus for me.

Excess red in the entire picture...

Too much red on the face..

The camera seems to handle blue light effectively..

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow