ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Patrick Dodds
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Dynamic Range of a Photocopier?
Jul 17, 2011

hello,

I've had my X100 for a couple of weeks now and find that I'm not getting the results I expected. The picture below is an example. I've read that JPEGs straight out of camera can't be improved upon but I sure hope they can. As the picture shows, there's little or no detail in the shadow areas - am I doing something wrong? Lots of other pictures are unusuble for the same reason and I was expecting something more after the reviews I've read. I know I could have set the DR to 400% but it was on Auto and I'd have thought the camera should have coped with this scene a great deal better than it has. I've not updated the firmware yet - might this have an effect?

Also, are there updates for Photoshop CS4 available for the RAFs from this camera? I've not yet put the Fuji RAW converter software on my Mac and am hoping not to have to do so (I already use two photo editing software programmes and don't want to have to use a third if I can help it though if it helps get better results than this I will - a shame though, as I was hoping to avoid the RAW > JPEG step when working with pictures from the X100).

Picture details: 1/950 sec; F11; ISO 200; DR 100%.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Patrick Dodds

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow