The Liberated Camera (Online Photographer)

Started Jul 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Peter 1745
Contributing MemberPosts: 514
Like?
Re: Freestyle shooting
In reply to amalric, Jul 16, 2011

amalric wrote:

Peter 1745 wrote:

What I foresee is that now that freestyle shooting is so much easier to do we will get a tsunami of freestyle images, most of which are of indifferent quality. It will be like extremely narrow depth of field on FF cameras, overused and frequently of little artistic merit. God forbid the time when FF go mirrorless and we get inundated with freestyle photos with extremely narrow depth of field.

OTH I have seen on Flickr people who use freestyle, or better new electronic freedom to show things I never saw before, giving to composition an entirely different meaning.

Ready mades a' la Man Ray, toy or 'dirty' macro images, with artificial colours but very creative composition.

Photography is about fun too.

Am.

I agree, changes of perspective can bring a new understanding of a composition. Objects and situations which I know well can suddenly be made unfamiliar and strange. I particularly like the moment when the images reveals something that is so obvious in retrospect that I am astonished that I never noticed it before.

I am fascinated by the difference between reality and perception and find photography is a fun way to explore relationship between them.

-- hide signature --

Regards,

Peter
'Keep taking the photos'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow