Started Jul 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TXforester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,697
Like?
Camera Hack Question
Jul 16, 2011

I've got a 10d arriving today. I purchased it cheap and it has no warranty, so I'm not above a hack to enhance its features.

What I'd like to know is there a hack to give it a DEP mode like older EOS cameras? If not, is there a way to hack it so I can specify the AF points in A-DEP mode so I have more control. Sometimes the near and or far parts of the subject won't be covered by the AF points. Also, you may want control over DoF for objects to one side in the composition and something in the background you want out of focus may be covered by an AF point.

So, I'm looking for ways to gain more control over over DoF. It was so much easier in the film days when you had an aperture ring on the lens, a distance scale and DoF scale. I could get what I wanted in much less time than I typed the first paragraph.

Thanks for any help.
Mike

-- hide signature --

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow