Is The Canon EOS 7D An Overblow For A Newbie?

Started Jul 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Paavs
Paavs New Member • Posts: 4
Is The Canon EOS 7D An Overblow For A Newbie?

Hey everyone!

I am a newbie to photography, but I am really eager to learn about it. I am interested in bying the Canon EOS 7D with the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD as my first kit for photography. In photography I am interested in shooting just for fun. I will be shooting everything: archtecture, animals, family, plants, etc. I really want a good body that would last for some years.

My only concern is that the Canon EOS 7D would be an overblow for me, because I have had no experience with DSLR´s. I was also thinking the Canon EOS 60D, but I did not like the feel of the buttons, the moving screen, and the polycarbonate built.

It would take me about 6 months to get the money for the Canon EOS 7D with the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD lens, but I could buy the Canon EOS 60D with the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD immediately if I want.

Also I have read that it might be true that a Canon EOS 7D Mark II would be coming out in August.

So my questions are: Is the Canon EOS 7D too much for me? Should I buy the Canon EOS 60D instead of the Canon EOS 7D?, and if you would say to go for the Canon EOS 7D, should I wait for Mark II of the Canon EOS 7D?

Thank you already in advance.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow