Is anyone else having the same problem with their 7D?

Started Jul 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AKman
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Is anyone else having the same problem with their 7D?
Jul 15, 2011

See image as a reference...

So a few weeks back I noticed that the Play button on my 7d isn't coming out all the way out/up on one site. So I went to a local pro photo shop and they brought out one of their 7D bodies and sure enough the unit they had had the same issue with the Play button. I went to a few more shops but noone else had the same problem. The button works, I'm just annoyed that my expensive gear is doing this.

I called Canon and they said they don't have any advisories on this issue and suggested I spend at least $180 on cleaning the camera. If that won't work then it will cost more to fix the problem.

So I am going to various forums to see if anyone else is having the same symptoms. As of now I know of 2 7D's that have this issue. If I can find more people with the same thing then I can go to Canon and make a case for a free fix.

FYI - I keep my equipment super clean, mostly studio shoots.

AKman's gear list:AKman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro ACDSee Pro 5 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow