Olympus epl2 sd card question

Started Jul 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
caloymiranda
Regular MemberPosts: 315Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus epl2 sd card question
In reply to pocketpygmy, Jul 13, 2011

I have both the transcend 20 Mbps and the Sandisk 30 mbps (both class 10 and both 8gb) and i hardly feel the difference...i think you are experiencing those long waits after taking long exposures (more than 1 second). If that's the case then its not really write time...its processing (noise reduction) time. Try turning noise reduction off and and see if it still "writes" as long.

That said, you can always get the Sandisk as your second SD card as see for yourself

pocketpygmy wrote:

am considering this question for myself as well. i've been feeling a little anxious about that orange data-write icon that flashes in the upper left corner for a couple seconds after most shots. right now i have an 8gb transcend class 10 SDHC... you don't think getting, say, a 30MB/s class 10 sandisk 'extreme' would help with that?

caloymiranda's gear list:caloymiranda's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow