What you need to know about SanDisk SDHC Extreme cards!

Started Jun 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
balazer2
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: What you need to know about SanDisk SDHC Extreme cards!
In reply to Orin B., Jul 13, 2011

A bit more about this:

SanDisk Extreme 30 MB/s Edition SDHC cards support transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec in HS mode, and up to 30 MB/sec in a SanDisk-proprietary mode that is supported only in a few Nikon cameras (D90) and a few SanDisk card readers (ImageMate USB 2.0). They are Speed Class 10. As best I can tell, these cards are discontinued, and most vendors who still list this product are substituting with a SanDisk Extreme HD Video 30 MB/s card, not being aware of the difference.

SanDisk Extreme HD Video SDHC cards with a 30 MB/s designation support transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec in HS mode, and up to 30 MB/sec in UHS mode. They have an "I" printed on them, which means UHS-I. They are Speed Class 10, and probably UHS Speed Class 1. (though I don't see any UHS speed class indicated on the label, the SD Card Association indicates that all UHS cards at this time support UHS Speed Class 1)

SanDisk Extreme HD Video SDHC cards with a 20 MB/s designation support transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec in HS mode, and don't support UHS mode. They are Speed Class 6.

Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC cards with a 45 MB/sec designation support transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec in HS mode, and up to 45 MB/sec in UHS mode. They are Speed Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 1.

UHS mode is quite new; very few cameras or card readers support it. I don't know how the performance of these cards compares in HS mode. There are a lot of counterfeit card out there. I recommend buying from a SanDisk-authorized reseller. (use the reseller list on the SanDisk web site)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow