Started Jul 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pangloss
Senior MemberPosts: 2,298Gear list
Like?
No APS-C zoom GXR camera unit this year :-(
Jul 13, 2011

This is very disappointing: it's practically certain that Ricoh is not going to release the promised A12 APS-C zoom camera unit in 2011.

The A12 M-mount camera unit (approx. $1000 without lens!) is coming in October or November and I am left wondering if it won't be the final GXR camera unit to be released before Ricoh gives up on the GXR camera system altogether.

The A12 24-85mm zoom, if it's ever manufactured, is relegated to 2012 - or limbo.

Meanwhile, Olympus has come up with the E-P3 with integrated flash, super fast CDAF and a stabilized 12MP sensor, and various new, high-quality m4/3 lenses are being launched.

And Sony should be launching the NEX-7 in late August, with a new 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a built-in EVF.

What happened to Ricoh? What have their engineers been doing all this time? Why don't we see prototypes for the A12 zoom unit, and an A16/35mm as well as an A16/85mm camera units, that all GXR camera users would be interested in (and that would fight off Fuji's X100 and Leica's X1)?

And finally, why can't Ricoh provide GXR users with an updated roadmap? Right now we are left in the dark, and I am seriously considering switching to a different brand for my next camera/lenses purchases (an EP-3 and the new 12mm f2.0 lens, for example).
--
Andrew
Panasonic LX3, Ricoh GXR w/ A12 28&50mm user

Pangloss's gear list:Pangloss's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Nikon 1 V1 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EVFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow