Started Jul 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog46
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
LX3 With Mind of Its Own
Jul 11, 2011

I took my LX3 on a ride yesterday & when I went to turn it on-I found the camera was telling me to press any button because the lens cap had been left on.

Well-it hadn't though I have left it on may times by mistake & pressing any button remedied the problem. Now it works just the opposite way it should behave. Troubling & it renders the camera inoperable.

I have yet to attempt a complete system reset & am going to look up where that button is. I took the battery out & reinserted it but may have not waited long enough to reinsert it. I do not have the latest firmware update; I have the one before the most current one.

The battery was at full charge when I went out yesterday & the camera worked fine last week. This is not a camera that has a million pictures taken with it; more like 2000 pictures at the very most. No drops that I know of. This camera is babied.

I am a little miffed because I have had many Panasonic cameras-from an a FZ1, FZ8, TZ3 FZ0 and Panasonic make high quality stuff-my problem not withstanding. And the LX3 is my favorite of favorites! Help!

dog46's gear list:dog46's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow