Flat view
HerbertA
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
G12 Macro Mode Question
Jul 11, 2011

Hi All,

I need help with the macro function.

Here is what I do seem to know: If I place the camera in Auto mode and approach a flower, say, the flower icon appears in the lcd when I get close to the blossom; so, I know that I am in macro mode and proceed to compose my image. I do not have to press the macro icon on the back of the camera to engage the macro mode. it shows up automatically when I get close to th object.

But, when I put the camera into AV mode and bring the lens very close to the same blossom the macro icon does not show up on the lcd. So, I press the macro mode button. The macro icon does not show up on my lcd screen! Is it supposed to appear on the screen? I have no clue. Must I be in Auto mode to engage the macro?

If you are able to tell me what to do in order for me to use AV mode and macro mode at the same time, you will be doing a great service for me. Also, supposing the two can be used together, does pressing the shutter button shift the camera out of macro mode? In other words. And so on......

Much thanks for help.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow