ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JazzMozz
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Macro lens for Nikon D5100
Jul 10, 2011

Hi all,

I am a newbie when it comes to SLR photography. I have gained some experience over the last few years using a superzoom camera, but two months ago I stepped up to a SLR camera: the Nikon D5100.

After a lot of research I decided to buy an allround lens: the Tamron 18-270 F/3.5-6.3 PZD and I am very pleased with it. However, there is one aspect that I dislike: the macro capabilities. I knew from the start that this lens would not deliver good results (you can't get any closer than 50 cm and the result is that object you are taking a picture of is still small).

So now I am trying to find a good macro lens. But the possibilities and the wide range of choice dazzle me. So maybe you can help me out here. What are your experiences? I have some demands (and I hope that I'm not searching for a sheep with five legs (as the Dutch saying goes)):

• Nikon mount

• not too heavy (below 400 grams would be nice)

• not too long (below 10 cm would be nice)

• capable of shooting insects, bugs (without scaring them) etc. but also flowers and still objects

• autofocus

• preferably also able to shoot landscapes and portraits (in order not to have to switch lenses all the time)

I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thank you!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow