Does a bride have a right to all her wedding photos?

Started Jul 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Clear Blue Sky
Contributing MemberPosts: 531
Like?
Does a bride have a right to all her wedding photos?
Jul 10, 2011

Recently I shot a wedding that was fairly short and lasted around 4 hours. Out of the 500 plus images I carefully selected 180 images for post production and uploading to an online gallery for viewing.

The bride then complained that the online gallery was comprised of images that i selected and not her selection. To quote the bride "as a photographer (no matter how artistically and technically qualified) you cannot be expected to be able to choose all of the shots that are important to us or to know exactly what will be to our taste. This is not a reflection on your skills at all, just that you are not us."

I nearly wrote back and said that as your photographer you have made it my business to ensure that I take and choose the right shots, but thought better of it!

She has since requested a copy of all the images taken on CD so that she can make here selection for the online gallery, 30 9x6's and a couple of small 20 page photobooks.

How would you handle this? And What do I need to learn?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow