Ricoh(Pentax) FF - issues and strategical opportunities

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
PentaxNever
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: Great thread, I totally agree.
In reply to tigrebleu, Jul 9, 2011

tigrebleu wrote:

Agreed. I moved to Nikon FF because not only of the FF, but because of the AF system, advanced flash system, etc. Because with the K-7, I always need to use a "work around" solution for at least one or two things. With my new DSLR, I don't need any work around. It works as expected and as advertised.

I still have my K-7 and two DA lenses, but I might sell these soon. Why? Because I'd rather use an APS-C DSLR with better AF and flash system than stick to my K-7, now that I had a taste of what's on the other side of the fence. I'll only miss the lighter and smaller body and lenses — but not the sluggish, prone to hunting AF nor the lack or dynamic range in high constrast situations, nor the ISO 3200 image quality.

For me, it's too late, though. I could not waiting another 5 years to get there. I made the move, and I'm not coming back. However, I wish Pentax the best of success with Ricoh. The more competition there is on the market, the more customers can expect from their cameras, lenses, flashes and accessories, whichever brand they're using.

Very good thread.

-- hide signature --

If photography can be considered like painting, then I'm still at the preschool "paint with your fingers" level.

Agreed, This sums it all. Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow