How do you like your 60D?

Started Jun 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
meltdown117
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you like your 60D?
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, Jul 9, 2011

Please define "mispositioned buttons". What exactly is a "mispositioned button" layout?
A "mispositioned" for you may be "satisfyingly positioned" for another.

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Russ42 wrote:

Seem to me that since the OP asked 'how do you like your 60d" if you don't have one you aught not to reply.

Well, I had one and I liked it so much as to dispose of it - so my opinion is valid even in this context. I in fact am less biased as those that have one as their only DSLR at this point in time - they have decided to use this camera for whatever reason and to admit that they made a wrong choice or that the camera isn't perfect may well be beyond them.

I still have (with the exception of the 30D and one of my 40Ds) all my DSLRs that I ever bought - and the 60D with it's inferior memory card interface, mispositioned buttons, heavy reliance on menus, mushy 8-way-controller without tactile feedback, overcrowded right hand side, too small thumb rest and overall misformed (not just my opinion, quite a few of my real life friends are of this opinion) hand grip didn't even cut it to be bought at all, I had one on loan that I could have kept for a modest price - but with all these drawbacks the thought never crossed my mind.

If I wanted a light camera the 550D would be better, if I wanted a workhorse I could rely on the 7D is the way to go (which I got the day it was released)...

I'm still looking for a good camera to replace the 50D for my wife, she tried the 60D and the 7D - now I am on the lookout for a second 7D - even she (who always is looking for a light, small camera) didn't like the 60D one iota.
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

-- hide signature --

My current arsenal:
Canon Rebel XT
Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS version 1
Canon 50mm 1.8 prime
Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens

meltdown117's gear list:meltdown117's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow