The World Camera!!!???

Started Jun 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,344Gear list
Like?
Re: Jeff... the cheapest option
In reply to Marty4650, Jul 9, 2011

Marty4650 wrote:

Would be the Panasonic ZS10 and nothing else.

Sure... it won't provide the best image quality... but are most vacationers and travelers really doing a lot of low light photography, taking a lot of macro shots, or shooting a lot of high speed action/sports?

Yes, when I travel I do low-light, night shooting, lots of macro (frogs, bugs, etc.), wide angle architecture, streets and interiors. Factories and construction sites and railroads. I have a thing for graffiti, odd signs, public markets and storefronts. I love decay in all forms!

But, who's talking about tourists and tourist spots? When I travel, I avoid both like the plague.

I AM nice to tourists who like to pose for pictures on my front stoop... I live in a landmarked NYC brownstone with some cool details and ironwork... so I'll even get them to pose and use their cameras for them.

Do you really want to bring everything you might possibly need for any possible shot with you?

No, just a few good lenses, covering a reasonable range. Although, I might be tempted to bring my macro, or just use close-up lenses. I used to carry longer zooms, but found I rarely use them.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow