A week plus with the SD1 (long.....very long)

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,417Gear list
Like?
Re: I know how work my cameras ...
In reply to HBowman, Jul 8, 2011

HBowman wrote:

By first gen do you really mean SD-9?

Second Gen, my bad.

actually that's about fourth gen:

SD-9
SD-10 changed sensor, added microlenses
SD-14 added more resolution, changed sensor
DP-1/DP-2/SD-15 improved sensor
DP-1/DP-2s imrpoved processing, I think one of those added AFE?

Lets have a look, together, at what can do a 300 Freaking dollars Dp1s & Dp2s would you ? And again, it isn't in "top" conditions, at all.

Those are great (I love the DP-x series output myself) but again I have to point out the SD-1 has a REALLY new sensor, even the fundamental processing of output is being tweaked. I don't think many people have a really good idea of the potential there yet.

But I do think in the end it exceeds what the Dp-x series can do in lots of ways, not just resolution... it takes more work to do that at the moment.

I see some people opting to move for the SD-15 now and forgetting about the SD-1 for a while. While primarily that is based on financial reasons I could see some people wanting to do that anyway until the dust is cleared around how to work effectively with the SD-1. The SD-15 and DP-x series have reached a great point where it's easy to get fantastic results from them...

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow