A week plus with the SD1 (long.....very long)

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
VadymA
Contributing MemberPosts: 868Gear list
Like?
IQ is rather disappointing...
In reply to rick decker, Jul 8, 2011

This is my personal impression from overall image quality (not composition, etc). In general, every image that I looked at made me think something like this:

• No "good" Foveon look at any size (what we call pop, wow, or 3D effect)

• "Bad" Foveon look is present more often than desired (noise, color accuracy, and everything that other posters mentioned).

• Any similar camera from other brands would produce much more cleaner and visually appealing images that SD1

Rick, I noticed that you didn't mention anything about your personal impression from purely IQ stand point choosing to focus on technical performance of the camera and SPP. That, to me, is not a good sign. Would you care elaborating about your sincere feelings regarding IQ if not prohibited by any contractual terms that may (just may) exist (espesially in comparison to the output from other bands in similar light conditions)?

VadymA's gear list:VadymA's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow