A week plus with the SD1 (long.....very long)

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,605Gear list
Like?
Re: A week plus with the SD1 (long.....very long)
In reply to DMillier, Jul 8, 2011

14n...

...now you really are straining credibility

LOL - but I've never seen one lockup fequently, corrupt files, have whitebalance miles apart shot to shot at the same scene and most of them focussed properly - given that it was basically a "home-made" frankenkam cobbled together from film camera bits and tackily made electronics done in a rush to beat canon to the FF market using a cheaply outsourced sensor, it's amazing the 14N worked at all let alone be vastly more reliable than a 3rd generation DSLR made by a major Japanese lens maker .......

The 14N reminds me of the ARP, Oberheim and Sequential American Polysynths of the 70s - reliable if maintained but treacherous and finnicky at best. I can't think of a Japanese Synth anywhere near as half baked as the SD14, it reminds me of the Honda VF750 though, a truly bad mechanical design which never worked properly and was replaced by the fully sorted VFR750 (the SD15 of the range)

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow