A week plus with the SD1 (long.....very long)

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
maple
Senior MemberPosts: 2,649
Like?
Re: A week plus with the SD1 (long.....very long)
In reply to petr marek, Jul 8, 2011

petr marek wrote:

It sounds like a joke. It´s a camera for a very brave and rich man with lots of time to wait for another photo and lots of time for postprocessing.

For the price it’s asking now, I have to agree with you on the joke part. But extra time and money may be a fair price to pay since it has no rival in overall IQ from comparable sensor size, right now. But pretty soon 24mp APS-C sensor will arrive that could be an interesting alternative proposition, even though it may not be “up there”..

I like many of the images a lot. The ones shot with the 70-200mm lens are superb. Again this batch reaffirms my earlier observation that wide lenses, including wide end of normal zooms, are seriously challenged. I’m yet see one wide lens that’s sharp from edge to edge with SD1. The highly regarded 18-50mm at 18mm, for example, starts to get soft more than 1/4 of the way from the edges, meaning more than half of the image is soft. The 8-16mm does better, but still not doing justice to the new sensor.

-- hide signature --

Maple

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow