Pentax Kit Lens vs Tamron or Sigma (Help me decide)

Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peteo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586Gear list
Like?
Pentax Kit Lens vs Tamron or Sigma (Help me decide)
Jul 7, 2011

I've had my K-r a couple month ago and love it. I ordered with the kit lenses 15 - 55mm and 55 - 300mm which have taken some great pictures for me. I love the longer zoom for my daughters track meets and soccer games. The one thing that bothers me though is constantly having to change lenses when walking around with the camera. Seems the wrong lense is alway on at the wrong time. I know this has been asked before and I've searched the forum but still haven't found a solid answer.

Would I be better off selling both of my kit lenses for one of the following? Note I also have an old Pentax A 1.7 50mm that I plan on keeping.

Sigma 18 - 250 F3.5 - 6.3 DC OC HSM
Sigma 18 - 125 F3.5 - 5.6 DC (and keep the 55 - 300 kit lense)
Sigma 18 - 125 F3.5 - 5.6 DC HSM (and keep the 55 - 300 kit lense)
Tamron AF 18 - 250 F3.5 - 6.3 Di II LD

I'm not sure what the kit lenses would sell for but I'm willing to spend a few hundred to upgrade if necessary if I could get a decent lense to replace both and couple with my older 50mm. As a bonus I'm interested in getting into Macro but it's not a necessity.

Again I apologize for the redundancy but I've spent several hours searching and haven't had any luck finding a good answer.

Thanks much for any advise.

Peteo

Peteo's gear list:Peteo's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow