Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mibu2011
Contributing MemberPosts: 553
Like?
Really enjoying Canon.
Jul 7, 2011

I have used Nikon in the past but was never 100% happy. Not that there is anything wrong with it because it is a great brand and I am just a mere pleb. I just couldn't get comfortable with the system for some reason.

I have just switched to Canon and for me it fits like a glove. I have the 60D which I am learning a bit more about each day and presently a 24-105 lens which I am really happy with and there is a long thread about that!

Today I bought the 320EX external flash. I bought it because it is compact and has the LED for video. What a joy it is to use. It is small and compact yet quite powerful and has built in wireless capability to match the wireless feature on the 60D and it works like a charm. Just messing around I can see that I am going to enjoy getting creative with so many more options than on camera flash, even with just one external flash. It even comes with a little plastic hot shoe stand. Canon just seems really intuitive and easy to use even down to the menu system.

I am really happy with my kit of 60D, 24-105 and 320EX and am looking forward to taking lots of pics. The other piece of kit I have is a Demb Flip-it which I can't recommend enough. For what it is and what it costs the results are great.

My only bug bear with Canon, and I only have the one lens so far which is an L lens, is that I think it is a bit off that if you buy a non L lens then you have to buy a hood separately. That's a bit mean.

Just thought I would share my feeling on my new Canon stuff.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow