Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,674Gear list
Like?
No merge into one beautiful system?
Jul 7, 2011

Just visited 4/3 Rumours and had to read something that came as a kind of a shock for me.

Apparently, a Russian guy called Victor Pisarev talked to Akira Watanabe and if the google translation was correct, Watanabe said inter alia:

"We tried to adapt 'big' optics to micro system but there are fundamental troubles: phase detection system is made to calculate needed focusing shift and to shift lenses to proper place at once but contrast detection system uses iteration fidgets by its nature. We cannot to join them right, so in fact we have capitulated .

Now, I'm asking myself: Is this the end of what we have hoped for or are they just trying to fool the competition and are working on the IR-Focus system we have been discussing last week to accelerate the FT lenses to fuull speed.

Unfortunately, I haven't got the slightest idea of the Japanese mentality and business speak and so, I just don't know if the could be a hidden meaning behind this quote or not.

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow