ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gethenderson
Contributing MemberPosts: 847
Like?
Focusing speeds
Jul 7, 2011

Hi everyone,

If you could help me out, i'm trying to get a feeling on how long it took you to basically learn your rangefinder camera.

I have the opportunity to buy an M9, it's always been my dream camera as I like small, portable and FF. The manual focusing didn't really seem to matter to me because i've seen many people use the M9 at relatively the same speed as using autofocus on other cameras.

I recently found a shop in my city with an M9 and gave it a try and couldn't believe how terrible I was at focusing, I shoot a lot of street stuff where focusing speed is imperative and I couldn't help thinking that I was taking a backwards step since i'm already a little annoyed at how slow my E-P2 focuses currently, and the M seemed like it would take a few seconds at least.

I know people can focus very fast with them, I've seen it, i've seen physical speed tests where it was focused as fast as an DSLR, so there is obviously a learning curve. I'm wondering about your experiences on this curve, and how long did it take? Or do you not requrie fast focusing? I realise it's not a sports camera.

Any help appreciated, it is the most lovely camera and I can't quite believe I can buy it now but this is a major problem for me right now, I want to use it on a trip in 2 months time.

-- hide signature --

Street Photography Blog:
http://fotofungi.wordpress.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow