Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
olympian_dp
Contributing MemberPosts: 774
Like?
Pentax Sale
Jul 7, 2011

I find it strange that all the trolls who foretold the imminent death of Olympus aren't commenting on the sale of Pentax. Obviously the company was losing money and Hoya found a buyer to take them off their hands. Turns out it wasn't Olympus that was going to fail after all.

This means to me the "micro" slr market is in fact profitable. Pentax just got in to it a bit late. I wonder when the rest of the SLR market will start to shrink?

Do you notice that Sony has accepted a smaller imaging surface is OK for high speed photography? Pentax imaging sensor for their mirror-less is even smaller than Olympus or Sony's?

Seems that Olympus made good decisions on the future of digital photography. Turns out they will have one of the large sensors in the future of digital photography.

Still hoping for a successor to the E-5 though. But I don't need it any too soon as I haven't found the camera more limiting than my skill level.

-- hide signature --

Regards,

Jerry

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow