Started Jul 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SonyBob963
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
HX100 Scene Recognition: How To?
Jul 7, 2011

I am a brand new owner of the 30x zoom, HX100v. I have reviewed the "User Guide" extensively, via my downloaded .pdf copy (located via this forum). I grant that I still have loads to learn (and actually do look forward to these discoveries), but...

...I am completely befuddled on the subject of "Scene Recognition," a feature discussed in some detail on p. 133 of my .pdf file. I try to follow the 2 steps, but fail at #2:

1. Set mode dial to (Intelligent Auto)
2. MENU (press) i SCN (Scene Recognition)

How can one be in the gold colored Intelligent Auto mode and then activate the MENU setting for iSCN (Scene Recognition)???

My specific problems are (a) where in the heck do I find "iSCN (Scene Recognition)" in the MENU settings?, and (b) then reach the supposed "Advanced mode discussed in the graph box instructions at the bottom of p. 133....and thus activate "when shoot two images consecutively, the + mark on the iSCN icon will turn green"...and "when two frames are shot, the two images are displayed side by side immediately after shooting."

NOTE: You can also reach the .html version in the Sony User Guide, about the above feature, by choosing "Using MENU items (Shooting), and then selecting "Scene Recognition."

I have provided all of the above explicit detail in hope that someone can follow the same steps I have...and explain what I must be doing wrong.

Again, I do not see (Scene Recognition) as a choice in the on-camera MENU, and certainly have not been able to recreate any of the "Advanced iSCN" mode features, when using "Intelligent Auto" (in neither Superior or Easy mode).

I look forward to another HV100 user helping me to see the light!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow