Started Jul 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThorkildC
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
My first DSLR
Jul 6, 2011

I just got my new 600D 14 days ago _ and it's still difficult to stop smiling ..

Years back I used to to take roll after roll of Kodachrome and Ecktachrome films through my faithfull Minolta G2 ( yes I did say: years back ..) After that some years went by where I really didn't take pictures at all. Until the first affordable Digital cameras arrived. And I did feet rather good with the P&S cameras I've used these last years (Canon of course..)

I had the good luck to have a Dragonfly visit my backyard at the time when the new camera arrived ... so why not try my two camera types on the same object? the comparison isn't quite fair perhaps: The 600D shot isn't shot on auto - while the SX1 shot actually is a frame shot while making a short HD clip.

And allthough I do like my new DLSR very much - I feel the SX1 still has something to offer in the way of IQ and otherwise.

I am not going to trade in my SX1 - I think it's quite an amazing HD film camera with an acceptable IQ. And until I can afford more than the kit lens (18-55 IS) for the 600D I'll use my 'old' SX1 for HD film and super zoom - and macro ....

So at he moment I'm having this wonderfull feeling of the sheer joy of learning how to see the world again through a camera lens. Looking at the beatiful pictures here at the forum I can see I still have a way to go ... but I enjoy every second of the ride

ThorkildC's gear list:ThorkildC's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow