Started Jul 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RayGuselli
Forum ProPosts: 13,170Gear list
Like?
Disappointing........
Jul 6, 2011

I was recently very touched by the story of a wonderful little girl, Leah Garfitt.

I found a picture of her taken by Kevin Holt and, try as I may to find his details, I was unsuccessful.

However, inspired by the courage and determination of this wonderful little girl, I decided to do a smudge and posted here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=38806430

I wanted to make contact with the photographer so that I could have a larger image to work with and do a really nice picture for Leah to have which I would have printed and sent to her as a surprise. However, I could not find where or who he is.

I did post my picture in a couple of other forums and highlighted the story of Leah and her plight caused by this debilitating disease.

People have been wonderful and shared my sorrow at her illness and were likewise inspired by her inspiration.

I was therefore gutted to receive a 30 day ban from another very popular site for displaying the image without the photographer's permission to work on it.

Yet the same site allows people to manipulate images and has posted hundred's of others with background replacements, clearly googled etc......

Whilst I may be technically in the wrong....I feel that the action is uncalled for and would have preferred moderators to have applied the same compassionate views that people have expressed here and in other sites.

I am sure Kevin Holt would be only too pleased to allow his image to be used as a base for a painting to provide Leah and her family with a keepsake for the future.....

Just shows how different sites operate.....not had an issue from a single other site.....

Very disappointing and rather uncompassionate.

Best wishes

Ray

RayGuselli's gear list:RayGuselli's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow