Started Jul 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ozett
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
1 year of NEX-5 and 18-55
Jul 6, 2011

this is the camera I was dreaming of, when I started to take pictures. I got mine exactly 365 days ago, one of the first in the region.

All pictures starting with this http://www.panoramio.com/photo/39123663 are NEX-5 pictures. I love HDR, panorama, low-light, … video.

My first camera was an Kodak Instamatic, then an affordable Rangefinder while in school.

At the university I got an Minolta STR 101, 1.7/50 and bought those glasses. 3.5/135, RF 8/250, 2.8/35, 3.5/35-70. Did some black&white darkroom work.

While my kids grew up, I used the 101 gear daily. Later I thought a Pentax Espio 155M would be better suited, pocketable, with large enough a zoom, have with me all the time.

Not really! Hardly a roll of film per month or less. I tried a Polaroid for the immediacy. No way, better none than those pictures.

In 2004 I got a Minolta Z1 and turned digital. This was something great again: immediately, no darkroom but iPhoto, GraphicConverter, Acorn etc., much lower costs per picture. The Z1 got me again. Then I stumpled upstairs and broke the lens-friction. Next I tried some Panasonics, LX1 and FP8. Not bad, besides poor ISO. I nearly bought an GF1 early 2010, if it weren't for factor 2 when attaching my Minolta-lenses.

The NEX when announced in May convinced me immediately. I love the picture-quality, the screen and waist-level shooting and that always with me, in a bum bag - EASTPAK MINI BAG SPRINGER 16.5 x 23 x 8.5.

Exactly 365 days today! Kept 6.500 pictures (the Z1 is still ahead in count), did install a YouTube-channel, …

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow