Pen Pro, I don’t think so!

Started Jul 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
TXforester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,696
Like?
Re: Pen Pro, I don’t think so!
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Jul 1, 2011

They could be from this planet. Assuming I buy into the "I'm a pro because I get paid" logic, then the camera doesn't make you a pro. So, any camera can be used by a pro including a pen. As an extreme example, I know of a guy with a niche business. He takes photos of women in vintage outfits using vintage cameras. If he does a 40s or 50s style pinup photo, then the clothing, lighting, camera and lens are as authentic as he can make it. About the only thing that isn't authentic is the film. He has to use today's film. The point is he doesn't use a Canon or Nikon dSLR or any modern camera and he gets paid for it.

So, a pen might be suitable for pro work. It likely won't be used much for sports and wildlife. Not saying you can't do it, but some future mirror-less 4/3s design with suitable lenses may come along in the future. For now the pen format would be used for other work, like portraits. If they get around to putting a VF in it and not forcing you to use a hotshoe mount finder, and they make smaller, fast lenses, then it might get used more by pros.

-- hide signature --

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow