Started Jul 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard D L
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
EP3 Gripping!
Jul 1, 2011

Am I the only one thrilled with the new EP3 larger grip option? This feature has really put this camera over the top for me. I have not purchased a digital camera in 7 years. The classic Olympus C-8080 has been my one and only digital camera; this camera fit my hand like a glove. I have been waiting patiently for the right M43 camera to come out and it is finally here with all the features I want and need, including a grip that will fit my hand - this is very important. Last year I bought my wife the EPL1; nice camera but it does not sit well in the hand and I am constantly hitting the video button by mistake.

The C-8080 has serverd me well. A great lens and camera that could easily be carried anywhere. I have produced and sold black and white photographs up to 22x28 inches in size with excellent resolution. I am looking forward to showing my tripod burdened professional photographer friend that a M43 camera like the EP3, that is half the weight and size of his 24 MP Canon Mark 111s, can do almost as well with half the effort. And with HDR and some stitching techniques it will do just as good. I am also not bothered that there is no built in EV on the EP3 - the add on EV-2 will be just fine and my wife will be able to use it on her EPL1 as well. August cannot come fast enough - a new EP3 and two Basenji puppies - there are some pleasures in a very troubled world.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow