Really confused about the voting system...are people sabotaging other people?

Started Jul 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pinkybo
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Really confused about the voting system...are people sabotaging other people?
Jul 1, 2011

Hi everyone,

first off, I'm new here and am really excited to take part in the challenges but I'm confused/worried about something.

I just finished looking at the winners for the "Macro Lens" contest. I voted for all of them and my personal favorite, the only one I gave a 5/5 to, was "Crab Spider II"

by George Veltchev. I thought it was an amazing photo but I noticed after the votes were in that 2 people gave him a 0.5/5. I think this must be why he came in 2nd and not 1st even though he had more 5/5 votes than the first place winner. So my question is, and I understand this is hypothetical, but is it possible that people vote other people they know are good really low to bring down their average? I mean I guess it's possible that those two people thought that picture was a poor picture but a 0.5/5? That seems so......I don't know....unlikely?

I guess there's nothing that can really be done about this since this is the voting process. I just feel bad for someone who goes and takes an amazing photo and then gets such low votes and it might be for some petty reason like that.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow