Started Jul 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shooter1000
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
My Sony A500 and A330 black framing and going nuts
Jul 1, 2011

Well: I have filed a complaint with Sony, I have 2 Alpha Series Cameras, the A500, and the A330. The A500 is very sick. It black frames, it shuts down, it starts back up, can't set the menues, Will not stay on no more then a couple minutes. The battery area heats up. Just a host of issues. BUT...now my Alpha 330 is begining to black frame. What is going on? I have changed batteries, lens, shut them down, everything I was told to do. Still the black framing is happening. I am scared that the A330 will progress into what the A500 is, a Brick. They are out of warranty, so Sony is not willing to fix this problem. I know others have had this issue, ans Sony does not recognize it. WHY? I have a NEX 3 and it is just a wonderful camera, no issue (so far) , and just brought a A55, another great camera. I am just hoping they will not do the same. Is this what Sony has come to? It is very odd that I have 2 different cameras doing the exact same thing. Except the A500 is steadily getting worse. They are willing to fix this apparent issue for a fee. I am not willing to pay for it to be fixed, these cameras have not been abused, and are just out of warranty. I do not want to leave the Alpha camp, I really do not. I have a lot of Minolta lenses, and I like the operation and feel of the Minolta - Alpha cameras. BUT....with this last drop of the shoe...I am thinking of another system, and that really brothers me. Have any of you got any suggestions of how I could nodge Sony in helping me fix these things, and restoring my confidence in the ALPHA series? I am not ranting about the ALPHAs just the apparent lack of Sony even caring for their customers. I have been a loyal customer and have over the year brought several different Sony Cameras. If the black frame and battery heat is an issue...SONY needs to address it.

Message ReplyQuoteEditBookmarkComplain

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow