Played with the NEX-C3 today... ,I'll stick with my NEX-5 thank you very much.

Started Jun 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timbit_revolution
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Played with the NEX-C3 today... ,I'll stick with my NEX-5 thank you very much.
Jun 30, 2011

I am not quite sure if the camera has been released else where, but it has been out in Japan for a couple of weeks now, and today I had a chance to try it out at my local Yodabashi Camera. Here are my quick impressions.

First the bad points. While I like the new styling of the little guy, it's honestly not that comfortable to hold. The problem with it is, it's just too small and light. The grip really doesn't do much, and mind you I don't have terribly big hands either. The silver plastic on top is really cheap too, if you tap it, you will hear a very "hollow" sound. My wife has the NEX-3 and while it doesn't look quite as cool, it definitely feels of quality in comparison. But all of that aside my biggest gripe with the thing is on the right side of camera, the strap support beam jabs into your hand when you are holding it because of the reduced depth of the camera. You will see in the picture at the bottom, its a little uncomfortable.

To end on a good note, there are some things I really liked about it. First the redesigned shape of the two soft keys on the back feel really nice. The shutter sound is much quieter and the menus are really responsive. Again the styling is very eye catching, and I am sure those with small hands will be right at home on this little guy.

Well if you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask, I can always go back to the shop for more hands on time.

My hands enveloping the tiny body. You can also see the camera with the 18-55mm is retailing for 69800¥, while both can be had for 79800¥

The strap beamer thinger jabbing into my hand...

The new siblings

not sure why i choose the pink one to use, but you can see just how small it is in this one.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow