Started Jun 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
I bought another lens!
Jun 30, 2011

I thought that I was happy with my then current lens line-up until one day, I saw an ad in Craigslist for an EF-S 10-22 mm. Long story short, I ended up buying it for $450! I just couldn't pass it up at that price!

So, on a recent trip to Mobile, Alabama I had a chance to try it out. While wandering around downtown Mobile, we stumbled across a most beautiful Catholic church: The Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. WOW! What a church! Here is a sign outside that tells you all about it:

Here is a shot of the front from a courtyard across the street. They were preparing for an evening wedding in the courtyard:

In looking at my photos now, I can see that the EF-S 10-22 is very unforgiving when it comes to alignment of the scene that you wish to photograph. Here is my slightly off-center look down the main aisle of the church:

And here is my slightly off center look at the main altar:

The church had some really beautiful stained glass windows. There must have been at least 8 of these on each side of the church:

Under the sanctuary, there was a crypt where the former bishops were entombed:

Here is a statue of Jesus that was just outside the gates to the crypt:

Here is an altar dedicated to the Crucifixion of Jesus:

Although this is not up to Imqqmi's or Wiwi's standards, I felt that I did pretty good for the first time out with a new lens. Next time I'll know better to watch my centering!

C&C welcome!

Thanks for looking!
--
Yogi

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!

See the 'Plan' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow