Wow, Oly wipes the floor with Panasonic!

Started Jun 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,037Gear list
Like?
It does seem...
In reply to NuFonaut, Jun 30, 2011

... that Panasonic started with higher spec models then watered them down while Olympus has kept the entry level interesting while slowly ramping up for higher spec stuff. I think they will continue to do so because I feel that Olympus is aggressively developing technologies that they fully expect to usurp the capabilities of their past E-xxx DSLRs and someday functionally challenge the likes of their E-5 type camera. I hope that Olympus will make bodies for 4/3rds with this new technology as well or hybrid systems like the A55 only higher spec. They did just that with their E-10 and E-20, but now the technology has really matured and they have all these great 4/3rds lenses waiting for more bodies to mount them on. Yeah, it's a long shot, but I take these new releases to be great progress made by Olympus that could very well be huge scores for the company.

Now if Olympus can get their mirrorless bodies into big box stores so people see them! At least the Pen Lite and Mini. They need exposure. The E-P3 looks great to me.

Cheers,
Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Vas?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow