SD1 full size disillusion (landscapes, nature)

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,631Gear list
Like?
Re: Utter misunderstanding on your part
In reply to Couscousdelight, Jun 30, 2011

Couscousdelight wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Curious that it only starts when you can find the oldest possible RAW images from PREPRODUCTION hardware.

I'm sorry, but no, only the first image of the serie is made with a old FW, all other pics are made with a recent FW.

That's a good point, I was going by the initial flickr links - I realized after I pulled down the RAW pack the others were from production firmware.

However even with that argument out of the way, it turns out Petr is misleading you - he did something that I can't even reproduce in SPP5 to get noise that you don't get by default.

Note that when I challenged him to say just what settings he used to produce those images, he said nothing...

Download them and try for yourself. Start from Auto, see how the noise he pointed out is simply not there?

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow