Wow, Oly wipes the floor with Panasonic!

Started Jun 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,655Gear list
Like?
Re: I wish I could agree....
In reply to amtberg, Jun 30, 2011

amtberg wrote:

The new AF doesn't seem to have lived up to the pre-release hype.

DPR: "And it's not just the impressive AF speed that makes the E-P3 feel much more responsive than previous PENs - the dual core processor means image processing and live view can be run in parallel, decreasing the blackout time after each shot. This, combined with a responsive shutter mechanism gives an impression of immediacy every time you hit the shutter button."

The new LCD (OLED) isn't very good in sunlight

DPR: "A special mention has to be given to the new OLED screen, which at 614,000 dots is leaps and bounds beyond any previous PEN. It's bright, sharp and colourful with anti-reflective ... But most importantly, from our initial experience it's entirely usable in bright light, even with strong summer sun shining directly on to it."

I'd rather trust DPReview than someone who (I assume) has not even handled the camera.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Vas?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow