Wow, Oly wipes the floor with Panasonic!

Started Jun 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,839Gear list
Like?
Re: Did they? did you check the g3 samples vs EP3?
In reply to Mike Ronesia, Jun 30, 2011

Mike Ronesia wrote:

Total let down as far as I'm concerned. I wanted a better sensor and built in EVF. They have what, 6 bodies now and other then a mild tweak they are all about the same. Please give us some variety, not everyone wants some retro thing that's almost the same as the last one.

Oh well, at least I'm not tempted to buy one and can use the money for something else.

VARIETY!!!

One suggestion I can make is to try the Samsung NX10 (or NX11 now?)...WITH a Pancake lens... it's a joy to handle and the Pancake is very, very good.

I've been using the GF-1 for near a year..with the Panny 20mm Pancake which as everybody knows is a gem... although I now prefer the 14mm Pancake and it really is every bit as good... but the NX is truly a joy to handle and I'm getting some very nice results from it. It IS a different camera.. and for all the rage over the Oly/Pana M4/3 cameras... using the Samsung has give me a LOT of pleasure as well as a very good alternatve. The trouble with the main M4/3 cameras right now is that most of the 'other' special lenses are really quite expensive..in UK they are mostly a bit horrendous in price.. where the Samsung have a limited (as yet) but good choice, and are a lot easier on the pocket. It's a very nice alternative.
Especially as I don't see massive changes in the recent new Oly/Panny models.

-- hide signature --

eric-UK
Staffordshire

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Vas?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow