Wow, Oly wipes the floor with Panasonic!

Started Jun 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,683
Like?
Re: Wow, Oly wipes the floor with Panasonic!
In reply to Jogger, Jun 30, 2011

Well, fast AF is really nice, especially for a portrait lens when you are shooting moving people with shallow DOF.

Yes, I think they're kind of gouging us on price, but they did make those new lenses look worth that money (take a look at a Canon 50/1.8 MKII and tell me the 45/1.8 is in the same class! And I actually like the Canon... but it hardly has the class that the new Oly lenses seem to have).

I'm more interested in the 12/2, but don't see myself shelling out $800 for one... hoping that they bundle it with an E-P3 down the road and I can buy then... after prices drop... no huge hurry.

Jogger wrote:

theres always a leap-frogging effect with staggered product launches.. oly is riding high today, but, overall i dont think pana is downhill by any means.

the 12/2 and 45/1.8 are niche lenses.. i doubt the 45 will be any better than an adapted 50/1.8 for $60

NuFonaut wrote:

The E-P3 is what i want in M4/3

I never expected Panasonic to go downhill so fast with its models and Olympus taking the system in the right direction alone.

With bodies AND lenses!

I may think about staying with M4/3 and switching over to Olumpus.

-- hide signature --

What´s that noise?

From one of the Canon Forums:

'I just came back from my first holiday with the 5D II (I think my wife was there as well). '

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Vas?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow